Update as of July 2021
The State of Washington has lifted the mandatory mask-wearing requirements for vaccinated individuals but allows businesses to set their own mask requirements for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status. As we work mostly indoors and are in-and-out of multiple clients homes daily, we will still be continuing with our current covid safety protocols. This includes wearing masks regardless of vaccination status and social distancing. We kindly ask that our clients and vendors follow the same safety protocol while we are on-site and within their home.
This protocol also includes email estimates prior to in home consultation for all new inquires. We adopted this measure in order to streamline consultations and minimize our clients’ and our team’s exposure. This will continue to be our initial step in the consultation process as part of our adopted safety protocols. We appreciate your patience as we maintain these safety protocols for the foreseeable future.
We thank you for your support and look forward to working with you!
A Note on COVID-19
The health and safety of our customers, employees, and families are of utmost importance to us. In light of current events and in support of our community, Anchor Blinds follows the State of Washington's Stay-at-Home Order and is implementing detailed health and safety protocols.
Appointments for in-home consultations are considered domestic in house services which is included in Phase 2 of the State of Washington's Stay-at-Home Order.
For new inquiries, we encourage getting an estimate ahead of time during the pandemic to get the process started and to limit everyone's exposure.
Phase 1 of The State of Washington's Stay-at-Home order has lifted restrictions on existing construction effective April 24, 2020 which allows us to continue with on-going projects and install orders already placed.
Calls for manufacturer warranty assistance on windows treatments installed by Anchor Blinds are also are considered domestic in house services which is included in Phase 2 of the State of Washington's Stay-at-Home Order.
For All Appointments
In response to COVID-19 and for everyone's health and safety, we kindly ask that you reschedule if you are not feeling well. We will also do the same if our designers/installers are not feeling well. We will only proceed with an appointment if you can confirm:
- No one in the household has been sick or has recently felt any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- No one in the household is presumed to have COVID-19. If any member of the household is currently positive via confirmed test or is presumed to be positive, we need to cancel.
- No one in the household has a fever above 100.4 degrees.
On the day of the appointment, we will:
- Wear gloves, wash, or sanitize hands at the start/end of the appointment.
- Take our temperature before the appointment and also take homeowners' using touch less thermometer on site.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) to include gloves, goggles, face shields, & face masks as appropriate
- Refrain from touching any of your belongings and clean our designated workspace.
- Maintain a safe distance of at least 6-10' away at all times.
- Advise homeowners to wear masks. If no mask is available, Anchor Blinds will provide disposable face masks.
We will also send a full safety plan for your reference prior to your appointment.
Our sincere thanks go out to you for working with us and helping us adhere to safety guidelines. Thank you for patience and understanding during this time!
- Anchor Blinds